Joined: 27 Dec 2005
|Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 4:54 pm Post subject: Vendor Search Guide
|Many new players find it difficult to locate items they wish to buy (houses, crystals, ships, weapons, armor, etc). This guide should clear up any confusion between Auctions and Vendors, and how to find exactly what you are looking for.
First, the difference between an Auction and a Vendor. An Auction can be put up by anyone, at any Bazaar terminal, and can have either a fixed price or an increasing bid price. The maximum price for any auction is 20,000 credits so you will not find anything valuable there. All the good stuff is sold by Vendors. Only traders/craftsmen of a certain level can place a vendor, they all have a fixed price, which can go up to 100,000,000 credits. Nine times out of ten when you ask someone [especially me] where you can find armor/crystal/whatever they will tell you to do a vendor search. Here's how:
1. Go to a Bazaar Terminal in any major City
2. Click on VENDOR LOCATIONS in the top Right of the screen
3. Click on ENTIRE GALAXY on the top left
4. Use the categories on the left hand side to narrow your search. EAch category has several sub-categories so you can get a very narrow search.
5. Double click an item to get a more detailed view.
6. Once you have found what you are looking for right click on it and select WAYPOINT TO VENDOR.
7. Go to Waypoint and spend your money
Note: try to avoid using the search filters at the bottom of vendor search to narrow your search. When a Trader creates an object he can name it anything he wants. So if I create a Pistol and name it "REBEL-EXTERMINATOR" and you do a vendor search and use "pistol" in the search criteria it will not show. If you leave the filters at the bottom blank and go to the Pistols Category you will see it and all other pistols for sale. The exception to this rule would be if you are looking for a "wearable container" under MISC, which is where you would find things like full sets of armor and light saber crafting kits.